Announcing The McCormick Spay & Neuter Fund
Thanks to a generous gift left to us by a Rose's Rescue adopter and through the cooperation of One Of A Kind Pets Clinic in Akron, TNR Warren in Warren, and Alter Clinic Animal Care in Canton we have created a fund to help with the spaying/neutering of pets for those in financial need who cannot afford to pay the cost of the surgery. Those interested will be required to complete a short registration form to be approved for the program. Owners must be able to provide transportation of their pet to and from one of the clinics the day of the surgery. Click here to print an application form to be filled out, and mailed to Rose's Rescue.
Please note: this fund can only continue to operate with the kind donations of others. If we have helped you out at one point, please consider donating to Rose's Rescue now or in the future.
Email email@example.com or call the voice mail at 330-850-7042 if you are unable to print out the form.
*please note; we only check the post office box once a week, so it may be 2+ weeks before you hear from us
YOU CAN HELP
Rose’s Rescue exists on the kind donations of others. We also use donations to continue funding the McCormick Spay/Neuter Fund. If you wish to donate to the rescue, we would much appreciate it. Donations can be mailed to the PO Box, given on our website by credit card or dropped in a donation bucket when you see our group out and about.
Everyone can help out in some small way. A little from everyone becomes a lot! Help us stop the over population of pets. It hurts too much to have to turn people and pets away because of money.
We thank you in advance.
A Few Words about Spaying/Neutering
Rose’s Rescue, along with every other shelter and rescue throughout the country, sees the unfortunate results of the pet over-population crisis on a daily basis. There are simply too many unwanted dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens. The single most effective way to address this problem is to have your pet spayed or neutered. It’s that simple. Your pet will also be healthier for it (it will literally prevent some forms of cancer in both cats and dogs), and less likely to run away. Spaying and neutering can even help your pet overcome some behavioral issues such as aggression, dominance, and territorial marking. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out the following organizations' websites for plenty of facts, figures and valuable insights into this issue: The NAFA, American Humane, The SPCA
Need help with the cost of having your pet fixed? Here are several options that can save you some money on spaying and neutering:
- Pet Guards Low Cost Spaying, Neutering,and Vaccinations in Cuyahoga Falls has been offering affordable pet care for over twenty years. See their website for more details.
- Primary Pet Care in Stow and Fairlawn: http://primarypetcarestow.com/services-we-offer/prices/
- One of a Kind Pets, a rescue in Akron, Ohio has their own low cost spay and neuter clinic. More information can be found on the clinic pages of their website.
- An organization called Friends of Animals sells low cost certificates that some veterinarians honor as payment for spaying and neutering surgeries. For prices and to find a participating vet in your area, visit their website.
- Our colleagues at Angels for Animals in Canfield also have low-cost spaying and neutering. More details can be found on their website.
- Citizens for Humane Animal Practices (C.H.A.P) holds a monthly mobile service to spay/neuter cats and kittens in downtown Akron. Call or email for details: 330-724-6181 or cattwood7243
- Quick Fix brings low cost spay/neuter services to Medina County, Ohio
- TNR of Warren low cost cat spay/neuter in Trumbull County, Ohio
- AlterClinic Animal Care located in Canton, Ohio low cost spay/neuter for dogs and cats.